Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Tot suffering with chicken pox, intense over nappy area, head and neck. Which cream will give maximum benefits?

Hi, my 16-month-old daughter has chicken pox . The doctor prescribed Foban cream, but said only use this with very red spots. She has quite a lot of spots in her nappy area, head and neck . Some of them have broken. Can I use Foban cream for her? The doctor also gave her Calamine Lotion. So what should I use for her to have best result? Thank you for your advice.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response

Chicken pox rashes will be of different stages in the body due the order of occurrence.
Some will be blisters, some broken and some healing with scars.
Use the Foban cream on intact lesions.
Calamine lotion is a moisturizer. Use it on healing and scarred lesions.
Chicken pox lesions heals with scarring. Moisturizers help in preventing scars.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor