Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Torn ACL, scar on knee, sensitive to touch, tingling, bruise near scar. Surgery done. Treatment?

12 yrs ago I had a torn acl . The doctor replaced it with a section of my own legiment from the front of my knee . The scar in front of my knee has always been sensitive to touch, tender and very tingly. Now it is showing a bruise just on one side of the scar. About 2.5 long and stops at the scar. I m 60 yrs old and this bruising started about a month ago. Show I be worried.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. You got operated 12years ago and so far you are comfertable. Now due to age and stress
the muscles tendons and ligaments will have degenerative changes and swellings causing such pain and discomfert.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may have to get mri besides other routine tests
for confermation of the condition. Any how it is curable by conservative treatment.
Besides i advise yo to follow some diet recomendations as avoid taking potato other tubers tomato egg and sea foods.
Take more of green leafy vegetables pulses sprouts meat fruits and juices to build blood general health and general
well being for good recoverx.
Wishing for a quick recovery and thanks for calling.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor