Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Tooth pain. Taking combiflam tablet. What to do?

My tooth is paining very badly since two days.....n I'm taking combiflam tablet one in d morning n one at night.... the pain stops once i take it.....but as soon as the medicines power goes my tooth starts paining again..... what should i do..... just for temporary sake... as i'll be going to the doctor soon..... but till i go can i continue using combiflam tablet..... u can send in reply at my e-mail id which is YYYY@YYYY hoping for the reply soon
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  7 Views:  3872
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for writing,

First, i hope you realize that the cause of pain should be removed to permanently cure it. So a visit to a dentist is mandatory.

Secondly, combiflam has to be taken every 6-8 hours to a maximum of 4 tablets a day. There are long acting pain killers available, which will relieve you with pain in a single daily dose like tramadol extended dose or long acting acetaminophen. Please visit your dentist and don't just take pain killers without prescription. As you understand the adverse effects related to them.

Stay healthy,
Thank you.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for writing to us.
Treatment for a toothache depends on the cause. If a cavity is causing the toothache, your dentist will fill the cavity or possibly extract the tooth, if necessary. A root canal might be needed.
An antibiotic may be prescribed if there is fever or swelling of the jaw. Phototherapy with a cold laser may be used to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with the toothache.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Your clinical history suggest that you have developed infection in your tooth.
Such type of infections are treated with root canal treatment.
Antibiotics and analgesics will give temporary relief.
I would encourage you to visit the Dentist and get the check up done, take an x-ray of the tooth and start with the treatment.
As you cannot see the Dentist right now start with tab Augmentin and Tab Aceclofenac twice for three days.
Maintain a good oral hygiene and use antiseptic mouthwash rinses.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
Hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query,

Tooth ache indicates bacterial decay or infection in the tooth that involves the exposed tooth nerve tissues .

Tooth decay is nothing but bacterial infection that spreads to the deeper structures of the tooth and involves the tooth nerve tissue leading to pulpitis.

We can save such infected and fractured tooth by root canal procedure, provided the periodontal status of the tooth is good. That is, if the tooth is not mobile.

Root canal procedure disinfects the tooth by removing the infected nerve tissue and the root canals are cleaned,shaped and filled with permanent restorative material.

Once the treatment is completed , the tooth can be restored with a prosthetic crown coverage.

continue with the course of antibiotic Augmentin 625mg along with analgesics like aceclofenac two times daily for 3 to 5 days .

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Answered: Wed, 8 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sushma Rajesh's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

I understand that you are having toothache. Painkillers like combiflam offer only symptomatic relief. moreover in a dental infection you need an antibiotic too. Taking too many painkillers will not help.
It is better you see your dentist as early as possible. Dentist will take an xray of the affected tooth and advise if you need root canal treatment or anything else.

Take care

Dr.Sushma Rajesh
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sonia Nayab's  Response
hi there

thanks for asking your query

tooth pain you mention could be of tooth decay which should be treated

painkillers give relief for some times, so the main cause of pain should be removed to get rid of pain completely

consult a dentist for diagnosis and get your treatment asap.

if the tooth is absessed then it should be root treated

meanwhile you can use synflex 550mg for pain
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello ,
Thanks for writing to us.
The toothache may be due to many reasons.
I would suggest you to get a thorough clinical as well as radiological examination by a dentist.
Treatment can be done after diagnosing the cause of toothache.
Tablets can relieve pain temporarily.
Meanwhile,maintain good oral hygiene.
Brush your teeth twice daily.
Get routine dental check-up done.
Use CHlorhexidine mouthrinse to gargle.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor