Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Tooth pain. Holes in teeth. Help

Hi, i am suffering with tooth pain from last three days.....i tried clove oil it did work but not for a very long time. there are holes in my two back teeth on both sides (right and left) whenever i try to eat something i sticks between that holes which begins the pain again........can you please help me by giving a good device........i cant bear the pain and want to eradicate for forever..... many thanks harjinder
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  5 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
Thank you for the query.
Harijender you are suffering from pain because of acute pulpitis , it means there is decay in the teeth leading to infection . This condition can be best diagnosed by an x- ray . So get an x-ray done for both the teeth . your dentsit will decide whether to do a root canal treament or just a restoration if in case the pain which you are feeling may be sensitivity sometimes . This will be followed by a course of antibiotic and analgesics.
Hope this will help you. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Prosthodontics Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain's  Response
Thanks for your query.

After reading your symptoms i understand that you have developed cavities and food lodgement gives you pain. Ideally, i would suggest you to visit a dentist and get the cavities filled. The pain will stop after the fillings are done.
If the cavities are deep reaching the pulp of the tooth and pain is continuous in nature, then your dentist will prescribe antibiotics and pain killers before starting the treatment ie:root canal.

Hope this solves your query.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Deepika Attresh's  Response
Hello & welcome Harjinder
acc. to symptoms you are presenting here most probably there is pulpal involvement of your tooth, and you have to visit your dentist for treatment.
RCT will be treatment of choice most probably if tooth is in preservable condition.
clove oil is just an couterirritant & this will not help you for a long time.
in the mean time you can start up with a course of antibiotic including amoxycilline, metogyl & ibuprofen.
thanks & take care
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
Hello there and welcome to HCM,
Your teeth on left and right side have undergone bacterial decay leading to cavity formations which invites lodgement of food debris. deep cavities exposes the nerve tissue to the oral environment that leads to pain and sensitivity. clove oil will give temporary relief and wont solve the problem. you need to visit a dentist and get a x ray examination done on both the sides which will show the exact damage of teeth. Initial caries can be filled and restored with permanent cements, deep caries touching the nerves needs root canal treatment followed by restoring the teeth with cap coverage. i hope that helps you , take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

the holes are due to attack of micro-oranisms on your tooth by plaque accumulation.

these are dental caries which has to be restored by a dentist.

visit your dentist at the earliest.

avoid sticky/solid foods as it can increase the chance of bacterial attack.

brush your teeth regularly.
maintain good oral hygiene.
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor