Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Tooth broke off, infection, sore on the roof, orajel, ambesol, salt water and baking soda gargle

Hi, I have a toothache with very intense pain, I am up every 3hrs. This is a tooth broke off and looks like infection. I have a sore now on the roof of mouth. I have orajel , ambesol, doing the salt water and baking soda gargle. This does not seem to be working like it used to. Are there any herbs I can take for this infection? Thank You Rick Erie, Pa
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
hi rick,
as you told about your problemit seems that you have an infection in your tooth which has been reach to the roots.......
because of this you have such a sever pain...............
these medicines and herbs will give you temporary relief........
for permanent relief you should go to dentist as soon as possible and go for complete oral examination done.................
and please follow all the instructions given and according to diagnosis go for proper treatment..............
nothing to get worried,everything will be fine............
please go to the dentist.........
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Sun, 20 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Deepali Upadhyaya's  Response
hello Rick

Your problem is because of infection caused due to broken tooth. your symptoms will be relieved temporarily only by medicines and herbs. you need to visit your dental surgeon as soon as possible. Root canal treatment have to be done to cure your pain if the tooth is in saving condition . if the tooth is broken badly then might be it has to go for extraction under local anesthesia.
since you told that now you have pain in roof of the mouth that is palate, it shows that infection is spreading and you need to visit your dentist soon. treatment for your condition has to be started immediately because it may spread into sinus which is adjacent to the roof of palate. that will be worst condition.
you may take antibiotics like azithromycin with some pain killer like nimulid etc. but these will give you temporary relief only.
take care
dr deepali, dentist, lucknow

Answered: Fri, 4 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor