Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Took steroid injections for cervical spondyliosis on neck and spine. Stabbing pain in neck and pulse high. ECG fine. Had several panic attacks. Is it due to anxiety?

Hi I am 44 year old female I have cervical spondyliosis to my neck and spine recently had facet steroid injections And my consultant told me to use tens machine 4 times a day on using it the second time I lent forward and received a stabbing pain in my neck and that night my pulse soared to 100 the following day I ended up at A & E with it at 145 after a hour they did an ECG which was fine and my pulse was 94 I have since had several like panic attacks where it is racing again been back to the gp had another ECG which was fine but with a elevated pulse and my leg was tremoring for a while the only other thing is my heart quivers upon me waking in a morning currently awaiting blood tests as all this has happened in the last week I must hold my hand up and say I m a single parent with a 3 year old job very stressful and always on the go which doesn t help can you please advise if this sounds untoward or more just like anxiety many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello Cleggt,
Let me tell you about tens that it is the abbreviation of "Trans cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation". This is being used as a pain killing modality at a Physiotherapy clinic/ unit. This works on the basis of "Pain gate theory" mechanism which a Professional Physiotherapist would be knowing much better. Hence it is always advisable to consult a Physiotherapist near by you regarding how to operate this machine for you. Cervical Spondylosis is one of the most common conditions found by any Physiotherapist. Along with TENS there are several other modalities/treatment techniques available in a Physiotherapy clinic. You can find Physiotherapist who is certified on "manual therapy techniques", "Myofascial release techniques". These hands on manual techniques would definitely help you.
Wish you a good health soon
Answered: Sun, 3 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor