Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Took shock treatment for mental disorder. Can you help me find a doctor?

Hi, this is roshan. My sister during her initial state of mental disorder, she used to murmer on herself. My father found this unusual behaviour in my sister and took to a doctor, where she underwent shock treatment for 3 months. For my sister we had treatment with phyciartist in anantapur district of AP. She is not so active as she is before. We want to meet a phyciartist in Bellary. If possible please provide me the good phyciartist details in Bellary.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

She had complaints of muttering and unusual behavior. She was most likely suffering from some psychotic episode and possibly schizophrenia. Shock therapy or ECT is very nice modality of treatment which is devoid of major side effects and is effective in acute stages of illness. But it should not be used solely for maintenance purpose. For medicines you should consult her psychiatrist again for detailed evaluation. She is not active like she was before, this might be due to her illness only and negative symptoms of disease.
Regarding Psychiatrist in Bellary, you can visit medical college and hospital for expert opinion.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Tue, 7 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor