Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Took gelusil for chest pain. Having rheumatic heart disease. Treatment?

i am having a chest pain ? 5 days passed. y age 38 years and 16 years passed I am having a rhymentic heart decease and every after 21 days i take penidure injection . This is the first time in life I am having this chest pain. What Should I do to get rid of it. last hour I took 1 chew-able gelusil tablets and now I got my period 2.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015

The symptoms & the case history as mentioned in your post suggest that the chest pain might be due to the underlying cardiac pathology.
So, investigations like an Electrocardiogram or Stress Echocardiography can clinch the diagnosis.

Other causes of chest pain include:
1. Strained chest muscles
2. Short-term, sudden anxiety with rapid breathing
3. Peptic ulcer disease
4. Pain from the digestive tract, such as esophageal reflux

Even in the causes involving the digestive tract like acid reflux, pain is localized in chest & upper abdomen.
So, it will be better to consult your treating physician to rule out other causes.
So that proper management steps could be taken.

Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor