Took bactrim for MRSA for staph infection in the sinus. Pain in the spleen and liver. Should I be worried?

I took Bactrim for 2 weeks for a MRSA staph infection in my sinuses, then a double dose for another 2 weeks.
Was very tired all the time, and could not function at all. Only lay in bed all day. Then toward the 3rd week on the drug, I felt a lot of pain in my spleen & liver areas. I have been off of the drug for over a week now, but when I eat, the spleen pain comes back & I feel very sick.

Should I be concerned?
Thu, 20 Jun 2013
hi,
thank you for your query
Bactrim is a combination of two antibiotics, sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim.

the common side effects include-

cough, feeling short of breath;
diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
feeling restless or irritable, confusion, hallucinations, seizure;
slow heart rate, weak pulse, severe tingling, numbness, muscle pain or weakness;
nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
urinating less than usual or not at all.

apart from these weakness can also be seen as
dizziness, spinning sensation;ringing in your ears;

all of these symptoms though not rare should be taken note of.
kindly consult your GP so as to get a throrough general examination.

thanking you,
wishing you good health