Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Took antibiotics after infection from pierced tragus, still bleeding, lumps inside. How to heal this ?

Hi I hadmy tragus pierced in June. It got infected, and I had to take antibotics for it. The infection went away, but it still keeps filling with blood and then bleeding . I have a little lump inside and one on the outside. I do not want to take the piercing out, what can I do to help the healing process and get rid of these lumps?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome ! I would be pleased to answer your question .

From your description of the lesion , it looks like you have developed a slight nodule ( hypertrophic scar ) or a Keloid at the site of piercing .
You will need to take an intralesional steroid from the Dermatologist .

There is no cream or laser treatment to reduce the nodule .

Thanks and Take care
Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor