Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

To whom should i consult for getting pregnant as i have a high antinuclear antibody with cancer cells in my cervix ?

Hi, my name is Amy. i have a very high ana level of 1:2560 and am looking at starting a family soon. i have heard that women with my condition have a higher chance of a miscarriage . I have seen numerous doctors and specialists (rheumatologists) who have said that they cant help me and that i will most likely have lupus down the track, another said that i have mixed connective tissue disease . i have been sick for 6yrs on and off now. my immune problems have made me catch a majority of illnesses from the common cold many times a year, two kidney infections very recently and pre cancer cells in my cervix. I would like to know should i see an immunologist or an obstetrician or both? My doctors have said that they dont really know what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  196
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Amy
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, you have been suffering from immunmediated disease eighter it is lupus or other connective tissue disorder. in such type of diease there is high chance of abortion either due to diease or drugs which you taken. but mind it there is only chance not sure, so try to concieve baby as per advise of your doc, when you will concieve rule out all congenital abnormalitis of your baby. along with it you should start Syp Gynatol 10ml three times a day for 5 to 6 month, it is a uterine tonic n helps you in getting pregnant. if you have more confusion ask me on
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Hi Amy
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
ANA levels are quite high suggestive of lupus. You have heard right that there is increase risk of miscarriage. Apart from miscarriage I would like to tell you its not that only lupus affects pregnancy adversely, pregnancy also affects lupus adversely. There is flaring up of lupus. In pregnancy kidney disease is more likely to worsen. Also if you are on lupus treatment then there are certain drugs which affects fetus adversely. If you are planning pregnancy then it ll be certainly a high risk pregnancy and require frequent monitoring and may be admission to hospital. Ideally it should be a team of doctors looking after you-Obstetrician,Immunologist,physician,paediatrician. Take care and all the very best.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor