Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

To which specialist should I take my eight year old child who is having blurred vision after a head injury ?

What type of spcialist should my eight year old child see? She had a head injury on Monday afternoon around 4 PM and did not go to a doctor. It hurts her slightly now. But this am she said she has blurred vision from a distance of 5 to 8 ft. What type of specialist shoud I take here to?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
You should take her to a General Surgeon immediately as she requires investigations to rule out intracranial post traumatic lesions.
Answered: Sat, 17 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since there is a history of head injury it is necessary to consult a Neurophysician.
The history of blurred vision makes it immediate necessity to get a MRI done to evaluate the damage caused by the head injury.
Kindly get her to a ER or hospital for the same.
Answered: Sat, 17 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi's  Response
I am sorry about your child. Go to a neurologist at the earliest, tell him what happened exactly and what the child is feeling. Child MUST have a CT scan or MRI of head. Best of luck.
Answered: Sat, 17 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor