Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

To which doctor should i go for phimosis ?

i am infected with PHIMOSIS so which dector should I consultwhat is that doctor called i am infected with PHIMOSIS so which doctor should I consult....what is that doctor called???...and plz tell me if it can be cured without surgery or not?????
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1470
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Relax dear .
Phimosis is a condition where, in men, the male foreskin cannot be fully retracted from the head of the penis.
treatment - circumcision.
consult any general surgeon ..
its a very small operation nothing to worry at all .
Dr.Khaleel , India ,9902596161,
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Tanumay Raychaudhury's  Response
Dear Saurya

If you are having phimosis, it is necessary to know since when you are having this problem.
Is it recent in onset or since birth/childhood?
If its because of a recent infection etc, it might be curable with medicines.
The doctor you need to see is called a Urologist.
However, circumcision may be performed by trained surgeons as well, although its under the expertise of a urologist.
Depending on your cause, evaluation and current state, it might be possible to avoid surgery.
please see a urologist for further management.
All the best.
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor