Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Tiredness, tingling in legs and hands, crawling sensation in face, swollen glands, HIV negative, had sex

I could remember i had a sex with a lady i thought i trusted last year December 2011, By July 2012, i had this sudden pain that started on my palm and slight body itch which the doctor referred to as hive, i rushed to the hospital to check my sugar level the doctor told me it was okay and i was given a medicine for the hives . Same period, I started experiencing the pain like burning sensation on my feet and having a feeling like crawling sensation on my body. I became concern about this, moving from clinic to clinic then to a specialist hospital. I did a complete blood test which was very okay and complete blood count twice which were okay. Nothing was seen.. Later when my symptoms persist , i went to see my doctor again, he ordered to do Allergy test to check why i have hives which i did, i was only allergy to crabs (sea food) and mite, then i decided to take STDs test myself , which the result came out this way: VDML - nonreactive TPHA - Negative HIV 1 and 11 AB by Elisa - Non reactive Chlamydia IGG- 2.3 AB index. i still feel down sometimes feeling tiredness and burning sensation or tingling on the palm of my leg and hand.. Sometimes i feel crawling sensation on my face to my shoulder, Swollen Gland though already went down and i had sore throat like which was not painful whenever i swallow foods. I dont know know what is happening, I thought it could be HIV but the test says Negative.. James
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Dear James,
I am sure you are worried sick about this but hope you have visited an Infectious Disease or GUM specialist to get the whole range of STDs checked out.
Of course, the HIV 1 and 2 ab test is the right test given the time frame (when antibodies to the virus would have formed IF you have the reaction, but clearly not so) but the most sensitive test remains HIV PCR or Viral load if you had more encounters since.
The feeling that you describe can be scabies but would be evident on clinical examination, although a rash would mean this is urticaria. House dust mite and sea food allergy occasionally come up positive on blood tests, so if you really have reactions (allergic) when you have sea food the result is correct.
You need a throat swab, HIV PCR/VL and get seen by a specialist to lower the apprehension and hope things turn out well.
As per the urticaria, long acting non sedating antihistamines for 3 months is the treatment.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor