Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Tiny very itchy rash on 11 yr old boy

My 11 year old son, in the last 2 hours, has gotten covered by tiny little itchy bumps...started on the back of his hands and is now all over but his genital area. Hes not having any other symtoms that I know of but hes going to scratch his skin off. I did have him bathe in oatmeal. I also had him covered in caladryl. Any suggestions to what this is, and if theres anything I can give him here at home?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  359
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi. good that your son is better now. continue the antihistaminics for a 7 days and then get your son reviewed by your dermatologist. All the best.
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Crystal F,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
probably its a urticarial rash i.e. allergic rash .We also have to rule out scabies since he is a child .Kindly look if he has some lesions on his web the itching more in night..Does he have any stomach ache or any dental caries.You can de worm him by tab zentel...give his antihistaminics like cetrizine (5mg) daily..Show him to a dermatologist who can see the lesions and diagnose.
take care,
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
it's chiggers.....seriously
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor