Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Tiny hole on face, below left eye, foul smelling discharge, no pain. Cure?

I have a tiny (which is 1/10th of a cm) hole on my face 1 inch below my left eye for almost 8 years. I don t know how it came there. If I press it, a discharge comes - discharge quantity is tinier. But, that smells like the odor we smell at the belly button or at the ass....what is the problem? The hole doesn t hurt, it is not tender even when squeezed.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012

This is probably a sinus. Get a CT scan done. You might be probably suffering from osteomyelitis of orbital or facial bones as such long standing discharge occur due to a focal point of infection and the pus has made a tract towards the skin. This needs investigations and management.

There are different causes like trauma, infection, necrotic bones etc.

Proper oculoplastic consultation will help.

Take care
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor