Tiny bumps on mother and 2 year old son's palms & back of both hand

I (31 yr female) and my 2 year old son have tiny bumps on the palms of our hands and some on the back of the hand as well (both hands are affected). My son doesn t seem to be bothered my them, but his hands are red. My hands are not red and the bumps are flesh colored. They sting when I grab something or wash my hands in hot water. They have been there for about 5 days. They aren t that itchy and they do not dry out and do not appear to have any fluid inside.
Tue, 17 May 2011