Tiny bumps around vagina due to HPV, red, raw, sore area. Lack of enough lubrication symptom of HPV? Remedy?

I have HPV that has caused very tiny bumps to form around the opening of my vagina. I have no other STDs. My doctor says its a virus that often leaves the body after its run its course (usually a few years). Is this true? If so, will the bumps go away or are they there forever? Also, the same area is now red, raw, and im experiencing soreness. I think it is related to a lack of enough lubrication during intercourse recently, but i want to know if that is a common symptom of HPV or unrelated. No discharge, no itching, no odor, partner and i have been tested and HPV is the only STD. It burns now when my urine goes over it, but urinating itself doesn t bother me. Toilet paper makes it worse. How can i treat the raw, red, sore area?
Thu, 14 Nov 2013