• question-icon

Tiny bump on the neck followed by sore throat, flu like symptoms, contusion under nipples. What could be wrong?

i was at work when i noticed a tiny bump on my neck about the size of a hair bump. it started to become slightly painful but similar to pain you would feel from a hairbump. Shortly after i started to experience sore throat and very light flu-like symptoms...the next day flu-like symptoms were gone but my throat is still sore and the tiny bump is still there and it still hurts like a hair bump. I also developed a small contusion under my nipples(1 under each)that are painful to the touch. I have no other symptoms. Can you give me an idea of whats wrong? Kenneth Locke,male 31
Thu, 10 Oct 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding small painful bumps on neck and similar painful spot under nipple along with sore throat and fever.

after analyzing your symptoms it appears as you are having acute pharyngitis with cervical lymphadenitis. Most of the times such sore throat are viral and your lesions below the nipple are also most likely viral or allergic.

To confirm the diagnosis and treatment you should do-

1- Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

2- Blood- CBC, ESR, MP, Prothrombin time, widal test.

Till the investigation reports are awaited you may take-

a- Anti allergic like cetrizine.

b- Anti inflammatory & analgesic.

Need of antibiotic will be decided after culture and sensitivity report.

I hope this will help you.

Regards.