Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Tinnitus after a slap on the ear

22 years, female.After a hard slap on the right ear, i have a hissing sound in the ear without pain.Today is the second day. do i need to go to a doctor or the sound shall subside ?-shailee
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  1558
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Hello dear,
You get your ear examined by ENT Dr. Check if your drum is intact,any clots,or infection.Never use drops, Please visit ENT Specialist immediately.Thankyou.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi shailee thanks for query.When ever such thing happens there are chances of perforation of ear drum in some cases.Please visit a doctor and get it properly examined.Minor swelling can go on its own but perforation can not be neglected.Please visit your doctor and take proper treatment for this.For time being take any analgesic tablets that you have.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
This symptom may subside on its own. usually it heals.wait for few days but make sure there are no follow ups of any hearing loss, or aggravation in tinnitus. if so then visit the ENT specialist.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi shailee.
Welcome to healthcare magic.
The eardrum and inner ear are very sensitive parts of our ear and any loud insult such as a slap or any other auditory injury is likely to affect them and cause hearing loss , tinnitus etc.even if there is no pain. you should visit an ENT specialist for diagnosis and treatment if symptoms persist.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor