Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Tingling sensation from chest to arms and hands to head, numbness in feet. Advise?

Hi , im 19 and am scared either i am nutritional deficient Or diabetic or something worse causing me to have a couple "numbness attacks" . It s a tingling from my chest to my arms and hands up to my head. After i calmed down it was my legs and feet that drastically went "numb". I also think it could just be anxiety attacks because i match a lot of the symptoms. I honestly am hoping so. I need to know what i need to do to be properely checked for any reasons of this. (Nerve damage, disease, diabetic, low on vitamins in my body) this last time was the 2nd major spell but it lasted into the morning as well, for the first time. I often find my self going "numb" easier from just doing regular things. Please help guide me in the direction. It s a scary feeling of that almost like a heart attack or stroke .
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response

Your are a 19 year old so stop panicking.
There are many reasons for the above said complaints.
As you said it may be a panic attack.
This can be due to the involvement of the spinal nerve roots.
If you have history of Diabetes in your family than screen for it.
Consulting an orthopediatrician may help.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor