Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Tingling pain on the lower gum behind the last molar. Hard and rough growth. What is it?

Hi. I m a 30 year old male. Recently, I started having a tingling (sore-like) pain on the inside ( tongue side) of my lower gum behind my last molar. When I was examining it myself, I noticed that there seems to be a small hole there. When I scratched at it, it almost feels like bone - it s rather hard and rough. There doesn t seem to be any other issues from what I can see. There may be a little bit of white around it, but it s hard to tell. It s not terribly painful, but it has me worried. Are there some possible explanations for this?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm,
your teeth is effected by periodontitis which is localised in nature.
the tingling pain is due to sensitivity as a result of gingival recession and pocket formation.
white around the tooth is due to deposition of food debris over there which caused the formation of heavy band of plaque called calculus.
visit your dentist and get the cleaning and root planning treatments. use desensitising pastes like sensodent to brush your teeth.use soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your teeth.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sapna Purwaha's  Response
your dental history indicates it is localised periodontitis
white hard deposite seem to be calculus.this occurs
because of food acculumation and improper hygiene.
you need to undergo cleaning of that area which called scalling
amd may be curretage and root plaaning will also required.
betadiene mouthrinse twice daily will improve the condition
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Shailja Puri 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Your will have to consult your family physician for this problem since examining the lesion is very important before concluding anything.

Hope my answer is of help to you.

Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor