Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Tingling legs, burning sensation on tongue, fructose intolerance, PCOS. Cure?

Hi, I have ongoing issues with tingling legs and burning sensation on tongue . Have seen neurologist and had blood tests but all were fine. Was diagnosed with fructose intolerence and have had previous PCO but hormone levels are tested fine at present. wondering if I should see an endocrinology specialist? What could be causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
An endocrinologist in this case would try to exclude an underactive thyroid or electrolyte disbalance (low calcium level).
So would suggest the below blood tests:
-CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
-Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
-HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average).
-Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
-Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
-TSH (checks your thyroid)
-Free T4 (this too checks your thyroid)
-25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)
Will be a pleasure to help you further after the above results.
Kind regards,
Answered: Fri, 24 Feb 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor