Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Tingling, itching on outer labia, redness, swollen, dry flakes, white discharge. What could this be?

Over the last month I have had some vaginal discomfort. I first noticed a tingling sensation on my outer labia , which eventually turned to itching. I then began noticing the skin looked red, swollen, and shiny like it was wet. However it was really dried out. And recently it started peeling in large dry flakes. I ve never had sex, but have messed around with my boyfriend. However not since this discomfort started back in late September. I ve also started noticing the my discharge has white stringy and ball looking material in it. It is however odorless and mostly white or maybe creme/yellowed hued at times. I also know I have cysts which could contribute to the discharge. But I am still bringing this up to see if it has anything to do with the dry flaking, and itching labia. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  284
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

Your history is highly suggestive of fungal vaginal infection. Though this infection is transmitted through sexual relations, commode users get this infection if the commode is not hygienic. Such infection also is noted after use of antibiotics since they kill the protective bacteria in the vagina (Lactobacilli).

Some antifungal ointment like Candid may be used to get rid of the infection. Along with please use Lactobacilli vaginal ovules or Lactacyd like perineal wash.

Apart from the medicinal treatment, please follow the undermentioned instructions to prevent recurrence:

1. Sexual abstinence till you are completely cured of the infection.
2. Shave the private parts clean.
3. Clip the nails short. Avoid scratching.
4. Everyday, boil underwear.
5. Use panty liners.
6. Watch your toilet and commode hygiene.

Though you have no sexual experience, you are having body play with your boyfriend. It is highly possible that he also has this infection. He should simultaneously take the treatment irrespective of symptoms.

Please report to your Gynaecologist for confirmation of diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor