Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Tingling and Itching of the vagina

I recently had sex, with protection, but am having a tingling and itching feeling around my vagina. Also, am getting the urge to pass urine quite often, but i get only a few drops when i go to the loo. If i have UTI, what are tablets you would rescribe, or am i have a yeast infection, if so what should I do, and if it is something as bad as Genital herpes, then I really dont know what to do, Please help me .... Am confused.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  929
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
According to your symptoms it appears like you have an urinary tract infection.For that u need to take antibiotics. Itching in vagina can be due to infection or allergy to latex. Get yourself examined by a gynecologist for further management. Maintain vaginal hygiene. take care
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
It probably is UTI.You need to get Urinalysis and urine culture done to confirm the diagnosis and decide the plan of treatment.Its unlikely to be genital Herpes which presents in a different fashion.

Please get an Urine examination done.Meanwhile you should drink lots of water (about 5 lts per day)to wash out the infection as much as possible.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor