Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Tightness in chest, heavy feeling. Medical help or antacid required?

I have tighteness in my chest , it started a heavy feelin in my chest A couple days ago but today my chest get tight and I feel like I have to burp or like I need to take a breath... When I ate today, my chest became real tight. Its not heartburn ....not sure if i should see dr or try an antiacid YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Thanks for writing to hcm.
Considering your symptoms these are few conditions I would consider
1. Gastritis and or hiatus hernia. You can try eating light and early before bed and try thick pillows. You can try antacids but if not improving consult a doctor for proton pump inhibitors
2. Tightness could be due to muscle, heart or lung issues too.
If your symptoms persist do get yourself examined by a physician.
Dr arun
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor