Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

133 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Tight foreskin of my penis

Hi im 14 years old boy with a uncircumsized penis when my penis is not erect the foreskin does not go all the way over the top of the penis it only goes half way is this normal.
Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
's  Response

yes it is normal.

  User's Response
just a guy's  Response
you probably have what they call a 3/4 foreskin, where your pee eye is not covered with your foreskin. some girls love the way a penis is partly exposed like this.

Some boys have a foreskin that covers their head, some that have a half foreskin and some that have a long trunk at the end of thier foreskin so your is about 3/4 coved.

normal for boys.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, My husband and I are experiencing difficulty in our love life, because his foreskin is tight around his penis head and it causes him pain when it starts to get pushed back. He was given lotion by his doctor to help loosen it but its not fully working. I noticed that the frenulum is attached to his foreskin and is attached to the tip of his penis head right where his urethra hole is. He has never had his head fully exposed and it causes him great anxiety . Is there a procedure that can be done to help him with this? Is the procedure painful? How long will it take to heal?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m a 38 years old uncircumcised male from India. My penis foreskin is very tight and doesn t slide back. I think I m having Phimosis and doesn t want to get circumsiced as of now. Last year a bump occured on my penis head which burst after few days with Pus. My doctor recommended Zocon-AS Kit (One Fluconazole, One Azithromycin Tablet, 2 Secnidazole Tablets) & Getafloxacin alongwith antifungal topical cream Fungiva Twin (Clotrimazole+Beclomethasone). I got well within few days. But just after one year I again got a bump under my foreskin on penis head, which again bursted and pus releaved from it. This time Doctor prescribed me Cefolac-O-200 (Ofloxacin & Cefixime Tablets). It doesn t healed completely and the doctore prescribed me Macpod-O (Cefpodoxamine and Oflaxacin Tablets) along with antifungal topical cream Canesten-S (Clotrimazole with Beclomethasone Cream). I got relief to some extent. But a small bump again started to occur and get burst with little pus. This time doctor prescribed B-Cin (Balofloxacin Tablets 100 mg). The small bump with pus doesnt reappeared as of now. But I can feel a little knot type of a thing under my foreskin which doesn t hurt at all and still I can t manage to know that whether this knot is on the inner side of my foreskin or on my penis head, as I can t move back my foreskin downwards. While Surfing on the net, I came to know about some Stretching Excercise for the relief from Phimosis. I tried to stretch my foreskin for a weak, but I developed Tears and Scars on my Penis Foreskin Tip. It burns like hell whenever it comes in contract with even the clothes. I was continuously applying Canestene-S on my penis foreskin (Both inside and outside). But from the last couple of days I started applying the Homoeopathic Calendula Ointment. It brings a little relief but it still hurts. My concern is to verify, whether I m having any severe infection or is it common for uncircumcised males ? Please suggest any better ointment to apply on my foreskin to get reliefed from this burning sensation and tight foresking. Also, please suggest an alternate therapy to circumcission.

doctor1 MD

hi i am embarrased to ask this face to face with a doctor i had a std check up last month and was clear, I havent had sex since then. I have had a problem for the last few yrs where my foreskin has got tighter and tighter and now I cant pull back without being in immense pain, why is this? Also It is really sore the week where the underside of the foreskin is really tender it feels like there are lumps there and it hurts to pee. What do u think this cud be and what shud i do?

Recent questions on  Circumcision

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor,I am 29year old male Bachelor,i have irritation and burning sensation at sometimes while discharging urine. and rarely i can feel a slight pain.also i can see a scar(skin re-growth) like something on my glans penis whenever i used to clean my glans penis 2days once at bath,because a thin thin layer of semen scales on it.kindly advise what i have to do on this.

doctor1 MD

For Urologists:

Like two weeks ago I was experimenting some pain when having sex with my girlfriend, I didn't put attention, as the pain was soft, well, actually the pain was when trying to penetrate her the first time, after that all was good. WE had sex this week, last Tuesday to be sure and the pain was stronger. In the night when I was in the shower I noticed that the top of the foreskin was a little red and swollen (The pennis was erectus at that time) and I try to pull back the foreskin and I felt pain, then I looked a detail and I saw some little cuts on the top of the foreskin, they were minimal, almost visible, I washed whole pennis and when the water was falling it actually hurst even more, like any other cut on the body. I searched and searched the web to found a reason before to go to doctor and my conclusion it was that I have some kind of phimosis, I don't know why, this had never happened to me before. Now the pennis is fine, actually I try to avoid any erection on the day, which is almost impossible but I saw that the cuts gone, but I'm worry that when having sex again they appear. Any advice to know if I will heal quickly, or I have to do something else? Is this serious?


doctor1 MD

hi, for 9 months ive had a rash under my penis foreskin.... im 24 years of age... ive been givin canastan cream, treated for thrush and given dakacourt cream........ however none of these have helped me and the pain is really annoying. ive also got checked for STI and came back all clear

doctor1 MD

I have a purple ring around the glans of my penis. I am uncircumcised and my foreskin has been tight in the past, however I am able to pull it all the way back with no trouble now and have been regularly keeping the hood clean. Any ideas as to what this may be? The purple ring is a little tender, no sign of a fungal infection. I have read that using Bepanthen Cream for Nappy rash may help.

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and prescribed a cream which took care of the bumps within 10 days. Thanks you very much for that....