Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Thrush, wash the penis daily but it resurfaces. Which medicine can be used?

Hi - I have male thrush. I am washing daily my penis daily to remove the infection , but so far I ve been unable to cure it. I am working away from home abroad and there is very limited access to medicines. The only cream the Clniic has is Bactroban which, I understand, is not appropriate to a yeast related infection. Anything else I can try other than waiting until I get home (next week) ?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question
Since it is a fungal infection I would suggest you to use over the counter anti fungal preparation called Canestan which you will be able to use.
Start using it twice a day and will help reduce the discomfort.It is no point using bactroban and please clean the area gently.
Thanks and take care
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor