Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Throbbing pain on left side, fatty liver, possibility of spleen. Further tests required?

Hi iam 48yrs old, few years ago had trouble with slight throbing pain left side, exrays showed fatty liver , my family dr. says could be my spleen , but the pain went away, now its back but more frequently usually reacts after i eat or drink coffee pop etc. should i get further testing done and actually source out a surgen to remove my spleen?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
No,i dont think this is indiaction for spkenectomy. The right diagnosis should be established and then some invasive procedure can be considered. Some common disease which can cause sucg pain are gastritis, gerd or hiatal hernia. SO I suggest to rule these out first.
Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor