Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Throbbing on the right side of the neck. Feeling dizzy and elevated pulse rate. Is this serious?

Having throbbing on right side of neck. It is not necessarily very painful, felt slightly dizzy when exercising this morning when pulse got up to around 145. Which is normal during cardio spurts. I am a female, 56,140 lbs and in excellent health. I exercise 4 times/week doing both cardio and strength. Is this throbbing serious? It is about 1.5 inches below ear.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it might be due to the hypertension, or may be due to stretch of the neck muscles.
I to my patients with such pain check the B.P.and prescribe, the neurotropic injections for 5 consecutive days, pain killers, and neurotropic drugs, and if B.P. is present prescribe for bp, and advise to minimise the exercises.Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor