Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Throbbing in temple, have aneurysm. BP normal

Hi, I have a throbbing sensation in my left temple. I can feel the throbbing with my fingertips. This is a new sensation to me! Worried I am having an aneurysm . There is no pain and it s been on-and-off for two days. I am 27 and a little bit overweight , but have had blood pressure checked before (when I donate blood, for example) and it s always been fine.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  430
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
When we keep our finger tips over our blood pipes (arteries) which are located close to skin then the throbbing sensations can be felt. There is an artery called 'superficial temporal artery' which passed up the temple region and that is what you are feeling. You can feel it i almost all people (Try it !!). It is not a common feature of aneurysm. however you can always consult a physician to clarify your doubts.
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor