Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Throat keeps cracking. Is there anything to do?

my throat keeps cracking when I try to record in the studio. I am a waiter and have to talk all day over loud music at a higher pitch to be heard. For almost 2 years now I have felt this cracking on the right side of my adams apple and I press on it while talking/rapping/singing to minimize the cracking.Is there anything I can do (operation) or are my vocal chords permamnently damaged? Are there tests I can perform? I live in Germany,what should I ask of the doctor? Please HELP
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi--I don't think your vocal cords are necessarily permanently damaged but you need to see an otolaryngologist--an ear, nose, and throat specialist--for scoping. You may have nodules on the cords that can be successfully surgically treated with hopefully no detriment to your voice, speech, and singing
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor