Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Throat irritation, dry cough. CBC, chest X-ray, SGPT normal, elevated ESR. Treatment?

Hi, I am 38 years old male and having constant irritation in my throat since last one month (seems like dry cough). I consulted a local physician and he advised me to get my CBC with ESR , Chest X-Ray PA View and SGPT done. All other reports are normal but the ESR is elevated i.e At one hour it is 16 mm and at two hours 35 mm. Please Advise Me. Thanks in advance
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear thanks for you question,you have throat irritation and dry cough ,and your investigation are with normal limits except for the ESR which is elevated,dear ESR could be raised due to many reason and one common cause is chronic infection.what probably your having is chronic allergic pharyngitis, which may or may not produce increase in your oenophiles in your CBC.However your IG E titer will be raised if it is due to allergens.your advised to consult some ENT specialist and get your self evaluated for allergic pharyngitis
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Acupressure Specialist Dr. Gitabhagavan's  Response
nature way of healing is take simple porridge for 2 days which will make you releif within a day or two. follow get the result reply
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor