Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Throat infection, unable to swallow. swelling, vaginal infection, burning sensation. What is wrong?

I had gotten a throat infection (initially thought to be Strep) but was not. my throat swelled could barely swallow and any liquid even water burned. then it started in my mouth, all the soft tissue in my mouth burned like it was scalded even my tongue. inside of my cheeks were swollen. I was put on Augmentin 500mg x2 aday for 10 days. I started with a vag infection after starting the antibiotics. The same symptoms in my mouth the tenderness, swelling started in my vag area, but just outside, the labia was sore & swollen & the skin around the top half of the vag crack (not inside the lips) seemed raw & and wiping or water would burn. The symptoms havn't totally stopped & get better than worse again, its been about month. whenever the symptoms start again I happens in my mouth & the groin area at the same time. I'm not sexually active, not sure what kind of infection could affect the soft tissue area like that in different areas of the body
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
you are having recurrent infection and probably fungal.
I assume that u are not on steroid or immunosuppresive drugs.
You should get your Blood sugar checked ,to rule out Diabetes which could be a reason.
Start taking Protein rich diet.Eat lot of salads and drink lots of water.Take daily bath and wear clean clothes ...these are simple things but do matter a lot in causing recurrent infections.
Take a course multivitamins .
for mouth u can gargle with-----
Syp. Lignocaine 1 bottle +Tab. Betnesol forte 4 tablets +Clotrin mouth paint Mix it and do regular gargle 3 times a day before meals.
do Betadine gargles 2 tsf in half glass of water for gargle 3 times a day after meals.
Consult skin specialist for vaginal lesions
Do report back after Blood Sugar report .and after this treatment.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor