Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Throat in pain, throbbing temples, burning sensation in body. What can I do?

For the past week and a half now my throat has been hurting. Then shortly after can this horrible throbbing on my temples every time I try to swallow a liquid of any sort. My body has been in a state where it s burning on the outside and freezing on the inside and this doest help the pain in my head. It so difficult to stay warm and the only time I can do that is if in submerged in hot water and then all the pain goes away. What do I do?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for consulting H.C.M.

Your query is very clearly telling us that you are having upper respiratory tract infection in the form of sore throat and post nasal drip probably due to involvement of sinuses giving rise to headache as well.

You may do-

1- X-Ray paranasal sinuses.

2- Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

3- Blood- CBC, ESR, blood sugar ( F & PP )

By this much and a thorough examination your diagnosis and line of treatment may be decided. Till you are waiting for investigations you may take-

a- Antibiotics.

b- Tab Paracetamol.

c- Decongestant.

d- Warm saline gargling & steam inhalation.

e- Adequate fluid orally.

I think above line of action is answering your query.

Answered: Tue, 10 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor