Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Throat ache, ear pain, lumpy pain on swallowing, redness over palatoglossal arch. What should be done?

I have had an aching throat with referred ear pain or the other way round for three to four weeks. I have not had a fever and my throat in itself is not too sore. I feel a littel hoarse also I have a lumpy pain when I swallow which has developed on one side and again feels like in the pit of my ear. I do not appear to have any white spots. My tonsils are not inflamed. The only thing I can notice is that the archway which I believe is called the palatoglossal arch is very red. I am not sure how to follow this up or why the only sign is the redness there.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  611
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello angrylittleminx100,

I go though your Question, you have not mentioned about Treatment you have taken / not.

You probably got Throat Infection which shows signs of Inflammation by redness.

Your concern about Referred ear pain is due to spread of infection with involvement of same nerve .

Advise :

1) Avoid cold drinks, cold water or beverages

2) DO salt water gargles or medicated gargles 2-3 times a day

3) Avoid Oily food & cheese-Butter.

4) Consult with Your family physician for proper antibiotics & Proper Treatment.

Get well soon.

Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor