This is a really personal question but I only ask

This is a really personal question but I only ask anonymously in worrisome reguard for a close friend, who uses methamphetamine regularly and you would never even even know it, as society might put it, a textbook "functioning addict".
as of recently, said entity has been experiencing unexplainable bouts of blacked out vision in one eye for 30 minute periods or longer, this only occurs once or twice every couple months max. Unrelated to my original topic because I'm unsure if it has to do with the use of the substance directly but it raised a red flag upon hearing about the symptoms, and the character on topic is partake daily, mabey twice a day through method of injection.

The real issue on my mind is what has happened in the last week.
For the first time in this person's experience, they experienced an intense nose bleed directly after using and it freaked them out because they've never had this happen.
What do these symptoms represent?
Fri, 26 Oct 2018