Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Thin period, sharp pain, unable to get pregnant. Uterus normal. Advise?

My blood from my periods is so thin now. It's like if I cut my self. It never used to be like that. My cramps are different to. It's more like sharp pain then cramps. Not sure why? I have been trying to get pregnant but I'm unable to. It's been years now? My doctor checked my uterus and said its great, but do you think some could be wrong with my Fallopian tubes? How do I get them looked at? What steps should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

I would start off with a blood test to check the levels of all your hormones (eg. progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, DHEAS, prolactin, etc.).

This should be followed up with a transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) which will help in visualizing your reproductive system and finding any abnormalities if present.

You have not mentioned your menstrual history, whether it has been regular, etc. Details would help, please discuss these with your doctor or write back to me.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: . I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor