Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Thin film gradually growing around and on the top of cornea, visible in close-up photos. What could it be?

i have a slight film growing around and on top of my left cornea .. it has been growing at a very slow rate from the past 8 years.. but now is visible in close up photos.. kindly help!!
Asked On : Mon, 20 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
The slight fleshy growth encroaching the cornea in your left eye is a Progressive pterygium. if in addition to the progression you face any other problems like redness, watering , itching , blurring of vision which usually results once it grows over the optical centre of cornea, it needs to be operated.
but i the absence of above mentioned symptoms if the growth is cosmetically unacceptable it can be operated upon.
Minimizing exposure to ultraviolet radiation should reduce the risk of development of pterygia in susceptible individuals. Patients are advised to use a hat or a cap with a brim, in addition to ultraviolet-blocking sunglasses to be used in areas of sun exposure.
Answered: Mon, 20 Feb 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor