Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Thigh injury, large bruise, lump formed under skin, not subsiding after two weeks. Cause of worry?

my 11 year old son had the handle bars on a four wheeler hit him on the right thigh causing a large bruise which healed up but htere s a knot under the bruise that hasn t gone away. the injur was sustained two weeks ago, should I bring him to doctor or wait. the knot or lump is not to sore but concerns me due to his age.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
From the information you had given your kid must had a soft tissue injury on the thigh, which resulted in bruise. Regarding the knot under the bruise it could be some minor tear in the muscle which could have fibrosed or condensed haematoma (hardening of blood). I suggest you to consult local orthopedician to rule any other issue.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor