Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Thickness in veins of scrotum. Is it varicocele? Why has testicle shrunk? Can it be healed?

Hi doctor, I am Prashan (21 yrs old) from Mumbai, India. For the past months I have been feeling a small body of mass and relative increase in the size or thickness of the veins in my scrotum . I suspect it to be a well known cause varicocele . Initially i decided to ignore it and give it time to heal on its own. But very recently i have noticed that the problem has worsened and i can feel a shrinkage in the size on the testicle (right and left). I am really worried as of now seeing the symptoms. As a result i would like you to help me in suggesting ways by which it can be healed without any surgery as the surgery would be a big financial burden for me. I also plan to join the Armed Forces where the medical procedures are very strict and this may become a cause for straight rejection for me. I am very apprehensive right now and very shy to tell my parents about it. A quick reply would be very helpful. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello prashant 01 .Varicocele , Advice-Seman Analysis & colour doppler of scrotum ,if seman analysis normal usually no treatment require,varicicele grade 3 &4 require treatment
. hope my advice will be helpful. thank you,
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor