Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Thick mucus discharge on urinating, nausea. Tubectomy done. Causes for symptoms?

I am 26 years old ive had three daughters and my tubes have been cut and tied for three years. About a half hour ago i went to the bathroom after holding my pee for about a half hour, and when i pee d.. their was a thick mucousy think that came out. The mucous was a pink apple jacks color, what is it? ..also I ve been feeling neasaus before this happened.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The mucoid discharge which you have observed while urinating is most likely from your vagina.

Mucoid and non foul-smelling discharge from the vagina is normal and this discharge can be increased during certain times in the menstrual period. Another possibility for this could be vaginal infection (either a bacterial or a yeast infection). This is more likely if you have any itching or irritation or a foul-smelling discharge.

I would suggest the following remedial measures:

1) Try to keep the vaginal area dry and clean, as a damp and moist environment helps the germs grow. Avoid wearing tight clothes and sleep without tight undergarments.

2) Sitz baths are a good way of cleaning the area and curbing the growth of the organisms. You can do this with diluted potassium permanganate solution (potassium permanganate crystals should be available at your local chemist) or alternatively you can mix salt or vinegar (half cup) to a shallow bath and sit with knees apart.

3) If it is likely to be a vaginal infection, then avoid having intercourse during this time, as it increases irritation and can also be passed on to your partner (and which can in turn get re-transmitted to you later on).

In case, these simple remedies don't work and your problem keeps persisting or worsening, then you need to see a gynaecologist for a detailed evaluation and further management.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor