Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Thick, flaking skin in instep. What may this be?

I have a skin problem on my right foot . It is in the instep area. the skin there grows thick and then seperates. by this I mean it sheds off. sometimes it goes deep and becomes very irritating. I went to a dermatologist for this and was told he had no idea but did give me a couple of meds to try. One orally and one tipically to which neither worked. He said we may never know what this is. I have had it since 1994 and it is only on the right foot. It never completely clears up or goes away and the area is getting larger. Any ideas as to what this may be and what to do for it?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

you might be suffering from psoriasis.

The involvement of instep is very common in plantar varity of this disease.

You need treatment with steroid creams.

A biopsy might be required to confirm diagnosis.

Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor