Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

There s this uncomfortable beat I wake up to and when I fall asleep

There's this uncomfortable beat I wake up to and when I fall asleep like it's too fast. My doctor did an ekg and said there were skipped beats. I had a 24 hour holter monitor put on and there was "strange activity" going with my heart but she didn't really give me anything for it except colonzapin. I was fine for a while but now it's back again. I don't drink or take drugs. I'm only 22. I asked for anxiety medication but she didn't prescribe me anything and recommended I see a cardiologist. I'm tired of testing though.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Go see the Cardiologist as recommended. You NEVER ask a Dr for medication, if you do they think you just want drugs and won't give you anything. The Cardiologist can give you meds for anxiety if s/he thinks you have a problem with it. You tell the Dr you feel anxious all the time or something along those lines but let the Dr recommend anxiety meds. Also you say you are tired of tests but we are talking about your heart, it is better to get more tests than you thinking it's anxiety when it may be something wrong with your heart. It sounds like you want drugs instead of finding out what's wrong your heart. I'm sure that's what your Dr thought as well. Go see the Cardiologist if you are really concerned with your heart.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor