The abdominal and pelvic USG reports show the liver with grade-1 fatty infiltration while both kidneys show raised cortical echogenicity with accentuated CMD. How would it affect my health in the future?

I am 64 yrs male with type 2 diabetes. My USG abdomen & pelvis report shows Liver shows grade 1 fatty infiltration Both kidneys shows raised cortical echogenicity with accentuated CMD What does this report mean ? What are the complications ? How would it affect my health in future ? Waiting for the reply. Thank you
Wed, 19 Sep 2018

Noted your report of ultrasonography, which shows fatty changes and raised cortical echogenicity.

Don't worry about fatty liver. It is a common condition nowadays in which excess fat accumulated in hepatocytes. For that reduce weight if you are obese. Moderate exercise should be done regularly like walking or running or swimming. Usually, it doesn't lead to severe hepatic disease.

Raised cortical echogenicity is a non-specific finding and further workup needed in the form of serum creatinine, urea estimation and eGFR estimation.

Kindly mention if you are having diabetes and hypertension.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami,