Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Tests done, have Atelectasis, hepatomegaly, kidney stones, hernia and recurring mono. Whom to consult first?

Just received test results.. I have atelactasis in right lung base, Hepatomegaly measuring 20.3 cm with two kidney stones both measuring 2mm. Also found umbillical hernia 3.8. X 2.6 x 2.2 cm. I was diagnosed with reoccurring mono 2 weeks ago with ebv vca at 8.74, ebv EA D @ 3.12 & EBV EBNA at 2.20... What type of doc should I see first ?!? 46 yr old female btw..I am not a drinker!!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to be overwhelmed with the results and not sure which direction to go in.
The kidney stones may not cause any immediate problems , in some cases they may be discovered when doing imaging tests for other issues. You need to drink alot of water , at least 8 to 10 glasses a day, to increase the chances that they pass on their own.

The atelectasis (collapse of the lung) would require treatment, in some cases all that is required in physiotherapy, you may want to visit a pulmonologist for assessment and referral first.
Your GP can do blood tests (liver function tests) to assess the function of the liver and after refer you to a gastroenterologist.
Then you can consult a general surgeon about the umbilical hernia unless it is associated with significant discomfort in which case you can visit one sooner.

I hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor