Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Testicle pain, varicocele in testis, taken medicine. Will it be cured by medicine or surgery?

hi.i m 26 year old,i had a pain in left testes 1 year ago ,my doctor said its not harmful,then after marriage i felt it again ,i went to urologist he find varicocele in my left tests with 10 million sperm count n low motililty he recomended me medicine for 1 month , will u please tell me if its recovered by medicines or i should straightly go for surgery as i want to father a child.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
wat is the size of varicocele?
varicocele surgeries do improve fertility but there is no guarantee as each patient differs.
Opt in for a surgical procedure if u have symptoms like pain or shrinking of testicle.
Infact only a few varicocele s affect fertility

since your sperm count is good, it wont be a problem fathering a child.
continue taking the medication regularly, it should be enough.
all the best.
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor