Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Testicle pain, pain in ribs. Chest pain, hurts when inhaling deeply. Scared

Hello , im a 16 year old African American Male, and i dont know whats wrong with me. About 3 years ago, i had a pain in my left testicle , mostly in the testicular cord, but it still was a pain i was worried about. I remember when i was in the shower and i hit it downwards by accident and there was a really sharp pain there. The pain came and went then me and my mom went to the doctors and they asked if the pain was occurring at the moment and i said no so they said it was ok. But 3 years later, and i havent had a check up with a doctor since then the pain has come back. But in my right testicle. I m really worried simply because i fear i may have cancer and it may be too late to try and treat it. It may be stress because 2 days after the check up i had with the doctors, my mother passed away. But the pain came on September 3rd around 12am. It was baring, but it was really uncomfortable. I had trouble falling asleep I also had pain in the two sides of the ribs. Now being 20 days later, the pain has went away but its still there sometimes. Now i have a pain in my chest, under my breast , it feels like i cramp , and when i inhale deeply i can feel it worst also when i cough. Also there was in discomfort in my pelvis area and lower abdomen. Please help me, i m scared for my life.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.

Do not worry too much. cancer of testis does not present like this.
Do you have any fever, swelling, redness along the testis or cord attached to it?

This looks like some tortion / pull of testicle with referred pain which typically spreads to navel and up.
Simple step is to try scrotal support with a good underwear, seeing a surgeon to get evaluated for testicular abnormality (if any) and un ultrasound of the scrotum and testes.

Do not weight-lift or strain too much.

That will give us a diagnosis and freedom from anxiety.
I hope that will help.

Take care and keep me informed on your progress.

Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor