Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Testicle pain, hip pain. Ultrasound shows small cyst. Surgery to remove testicles. Alternative options?

I am 46 years old, i have suffered Right Testicle pain for many years..The only way to describe the pain is as if a Brick had been tied to my Testicle, like a hard Pulling feeling...Constant pain. Had ultrasound , all was found was a very small cyst that i was told was normal for a man of my age. On self examination, my epididymis is very very painfull, and when i follow the tube that comes from it, that also hurts like hell. I can follow the tube untill it disapears into my groin area. I also suffer from alot of pain in my right Hip area, especially at night when the pain can wake me up in an instant. I am quite sure that all this pain i am experiencing is connected in some way??? The specialist from my local hospital said that he would remove the Testicle as to get rid of the pain !!! Bit drastic i thought ! Have any of you guys suffered this before, or has anyone got any ideas? Dont seem to be getting anywhere with the specalists. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Agree with you about the drastic part. I prefer to operate cases with good enough evidence to perform the procedure not as a fishing expedition.
I would suggest more investigations like Doppler studies, Urine examinations and cultures, hemogram, blood sugars and only then trying to come to a diagnosis.
The problem seems like a chronic epididymitis but investigations should help to come to a final diagnosis. A consultation with a Urologist should be helpful.
Keep us posted.
Get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor