Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Testicle ache with burning sensation, could this be an infection ?

Hi there I have an ache in my lower left epididimis. there is no lump or swelling in the actual testicle though there is a burning sensation in the epididmis. what could this be. I have been checked for STI s and i am all clean. could this be an infection? and how is this treated?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  358
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
there is no chance of STI ,so dont worry about it.
it may be due to infection or trauma.
u need to consult surgeon doctor
do take rest
wear loose and cotton under garment.
do not press over it as spread of infection may be occur
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Pain in the scrotal region could be due to many causes, commonest being epididymo-orchitis of variable severity. It could be due to tight inner wear or varicocele. If the pain is mild you can wait to see if it goes away on its own, if it is persisting you have to consult an Urologist. If the pain is severe, then it is a surgical emergency, as it can occur due to torsion of the testis which needs immediate surgical attention. You may need a Colour Doppler Study of the scrotum to get a correct cause of your pain.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor